Tuesday 16 July 2013

Woah we're going to Croatia

No seriously- Woah!

I might as well change my name to 'Anxiety Girl- Able to jump to the worst conclusion in a single bound' (although I can't take any credit for writing this description myself, I found it on the Internet.)

Faced with the prospect of my imminent departure for Dubrovnik ,  I shall go for my jollies, on my own, for a week, I have spent the last week or so in a somewhat limbo.

At times I have felt very excited, ecstatic even at the prospect of going on holiday by myself, being able to do what I want when I want, being able to go wherever I like whenever the fancy may take me.

Yet at the same time there have been periods when i have simply burst into tears thinking 'OMG OMG what have I done' as I am crippled with fear and doubt. Worrying not only about whether or not I will get lost (I will, so much is obvious) but also whether or not I will psychically melt in the heat, (the maximum tempetures next week are set to hit 32 C and I do not cope well in the heat, the recent heat wave in England has been bad enough) how I will cope in a strange place where I do not know where anything is (see above) and also do not speak/understand the lingo, whether or not I have packed enough clothes and/or  if I have forgotten something and/or everything but I will most probably arrive at my destination tomorrow (OMG I'm going tomorrow PANIC!!!) and realise that I have forgotten something obvious like my toothbrush or  shoes or my passport….although I think that I have all those three things…. and finally if  I will stop worrying long enough to be able have a good time.

With all these conflicting emotions I am feeling suitably exhausted and ready for a holiday. Only time will tell how this tale will unfold. 


T.B.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment