Saturday 20 July 2013

Day 2- when the parentals came to visit me and I wasn't all alone.


Seeing as I had gone through all this hoop jumping palaver to buy the 'Dubrovnik card' I intended to (as my father would say) get my money's worth.

Conveniently today's plans included venturing up the walls that enclosed the old town. It was on the card so guess who got in free :)
Yet whoever decided to go up the wall at the height of the midday sun is nothing short of a genius. Well done you. * looks shifty*








Halfway around the wall (or there abouts) you will find the maritime museum, conveniently located for those seeking a bit of shade and even better I can also use my card here to get in free. However the museum really should sack their curator as the exhibition was a bit higgeldy piggeldy and all over the place. Instead of running along one wall in a chronological fashion the display boards were placed in a kind of zig zag formation so to the untrained eye (like mine) you will have to jump back and forth from century to century…a bit like a time lord really but I'm pretty sure that Doctor Who wouldn't be sweating profusely in a sun hat, the Tardis is probably air conditioned.

Nevertheless the Maritime Museum proved to be very interesting and was worth the visit.

The afternoon was devoted to going swimming at the Pile Pier (this apparently was where some of the filming for Game of Thrones occurred) but I'll have you know that you shouldn't touch the the sea floor because there are urchins and they will eat you alive. Just kidding but it does hurt if you step on one although that didn't stop me from getting scratches from something when I tried (unsuccessfully) to heave myself back onto the slippery pier.


No comments:

Post a Comment