Wednesday 24 July 2013

Day 6


Today I swapped the hustle and bustle of old town in favour of a visit to peaceful and serene Zaton bay. Breakfast and a quick jaunt around the Dominican monastery though took precedence, I mean what's a day without its fair share of culture?

At breakfast I was reminded about the importance of commas. I was looking forward to the prospect of eating honey bread with my morning coffee  however instead of the honey bread with jam and butter, I got honey and bread (as well the jam and butter)

It's no 'let's go eat grandma' and 'let's go eat, grandma' but I think it still proves the point that commas can make all the difference.

*Edit* when I went past the other day I noticed that there actually was a comma between honey and bread. I wasn't being decieved at all. What a numpty.

The Dominican monastery is the second of the two monasteries in the old town of Dubrovnik  situated near the west gate whilst the Franciscan monastery lies in the east or maybe it's west and the Dominican is east. I'm not too sure, I was never any good at geography, all you need to know is that one is one and the other is t'other.

No comments:

Post a Comment