Wednesday 2 January 2013

Fears of flying



Is the fear of finishing an actual phobia? As my many unanswered questions may suggest this fear may not have a specific name (or maybe it does and I just haven’t found it yet) but it appears to be a real problem that affects real people. 

Maybe the fear of finishing a project stems from a fear of knowing what will happen or indeed the fear of letting go maybe caused by dreading the unknown. On the other hand this fear may be caused by a very different reason; you may be aware of the outcome and are stalling the inevitable.
Perhaps the fear of finishing what one has started has a common theme with the fear of beginning new things. Maybe we are afraid of finishing a project because it naturally leads in to starting something new. Again this is where the fear of the unknown may cause sleepless nights. What will this mean for me? Will I make the right decision? Will I be happy? 

With all this fear holding you back and limiting you from moving forwards, it would be wiser to admit that yes I am afraid but I will do it anyway. Even if we are scared of what might happen, nothing was gained without taking risks.

Well after all that deep and meaningful musing let me leave you with this picture of a bunny in a flower pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment