Wednesday 9 January 2013

Devonian Adventures



When you go to Devon for a job interview what can you look forward to? A 12 hour round trip on the trip that's what, a lonely stay in a bed and breakfast and going to the pub all on me Todd. Can you hear the violins playing yet?

I have always enjoyed going to Starbucks for my morning coffee was made all the more pleasurable now that they write your name on the cup. Now everyday (well it could be everyday if I had money to burn) I can be somebody different. Today I was Paula.



Paula enjoys Venti Vanilla Spice lattes, going to the cinema and romantic strolls across the sand.....
 Either the barista was rather deaf or a poor woman named Paula was left standing without her coffee.

Amazingly the train journey down was surprisingly uneventful but as the train pulled into Bristol
Temple Meads I found it most peculiar not to be getting off there and changing to get to Bath. Before you get your knickers in a twist dear reader, I managed to resist the urge and did in fact make it down to Paignton in one piece.

The bed and breakfast in which I was staying was owned by a lovely couple Karen and Nigel, they had only recently acquired the b and b and this would be their second season there. They had therefore, as I found out, not quite got their stamp on the place just yet. I can only hope that the fugly looking floral carpet in the entrance hall was on the list of things that needed changing.

The Pitch Black beach
I knew that my mother would literally slaughter me if I did not get a picture of the sea so I did; the
problem was that by the time I arrived in Paignton it was pitch black.


The interview itself went surprisingly well; although I should probably learn to read instructions properly it might have saved me a lot of aimless wondering.

Once in the taxi back to the ranch I was obviously so overcome with relief that it was all over that my nose gushed, literally gushed, blood all over me, how very apt to have just left Agatha Christie's abode and have blood stains on my coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment