Saturday 5 January 2013

New Year- New Diet. I'd rather not



With a new year come resolutions (I gave up on trying to make them, I was only going to break them and then end up feeling like even more than a failure than I already do) and diet books being thrust in my face. Well great, I don’t need a smug looking thin people sneering at me thank you very much, so kindly do one Rosemary Conley. 

Talking of whom, have you seen her portion pots? Apparently you should eat the amount of *insert food here* that fits in whatever coloured pot that some power hungry Nazi has decided that you are allowed to eat. Well I’m sorry but this amount of food is not even sufficient for my rabbit never mind me. 

They say that it is ok to eat everything in moderation, so if I want to eat cake every other day instead of everyday that should be perfectly alright. Right? 

So I would like to pass on this message to the body image obsessed society that we live in, from the words of Marie Antoinette “Let them eat cake”

No comments:

Post a Comment