Sunday 5 August 2012

The last day 03.08.12

The plan for today was to go and visit churches, lots and lots of churches. But after 2 days of non-stop museum going. Oh God please save me!!  So in a change of heart it was decided to go shopping, a fool proof plan. Or at least I thought so. 

The Guardian's list of top ten cafes in Berlin (obviously it would be slightly problematic if it had been a list for elsewhere) told me that I had to go Oliv on MΓΌnzstrasse (in case you are wondering) which I did…twice.  For no sooner had I left the premises than the heavens opened.  Oh well I’ll just have to get some cake then till it blows over.

Whenever I get excited or slightly panicky about something I always end up getting there really early. For example in the case of parties I can pretty  much guarantee that I will be ready and waiting to go at least two hours before it even starts, forget fashionably late, I prefer fashionably early. So you can imagine that in the case of flying home, naturally I was at the airport 3 hours before my flight and it wasn’t even a big airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment