Wednesday 1 August 2012

Day 1 of getting hopelessly lost without even trying

They say (well my mother does) that the best way to see a city is on foot. Yeah that's the best way if you want to walk in completely the wrong direction on the way out of town.

Everything seemed to be going so well this morning; sleeping through my alarm so instead of getting up at the 'maximum sight-seeing' time of 7.30, I got up at 9, bother.

Going down the wrong street. "Are you sure there's supposed to be a roundabout there? (just to clarify I wasn't talking to a random passer by there but to myself)

And lets not mention the 'walking headlong into a wall' bit

On today's to do list were:

The Brandenburger Tor: It's really just a gate so not really all that much to do there except a photo opportunity.

The Reichstag: Admittance is by appointment only, well it is a government building. Again more photos

The Palace of Tears: but for the life of me I could not find it. This would have resulted in tears of my own if it had not been for the German telly buildings around the riverside. Yet more photos.

And last but not least Museum Insel. For those not familiar with Berlin this last one is not actually on an Island. Gutted I know! But rather a load of museums grouped together.you can buy a  ticket for all of them. 14 Euros for 19 museums challenge accepted. but after 3 of them I was fully out museumed. Too much ancient history if you ask me, although I was rather a fan of the ancient jewellery room. May just have to invest in a Roman necklace.




1 comment:

  1. aawww no you did get lost!! well, i guess it was inevitable... can't wait to see these famous photos :D xx

    ReplyDelete