Tuesday 5 January 2016

The new Nespresso machine

I got a Nespresso for Christmas and it's quite honestly one of my favourite things. From flat white, cappuccino, latte macchiato to straight up black coffee it's like I became a barista overnight...well not really I can't do any of the fancy stuff. 
One of the great things about my Nespresso U Magimix machine is how easy it is to use. I mean even I could figure it out! Just pop your pod in, pull the lever down and press the small coffee cup button if you want an espresso and the big coffee cup button for a lungo! Press the button again to stop it if it's giving you too much coffee. 
(When switching it on you should press the button once first to activate it and the buttons will glow green to show that it ready and waiting.) 
In fact the most difficult part is remembering to put the water in the holder bit at the back....and keeping it topped up if you are making lots of coffees. 

Another really great feature of Nespresso is that the machine comes with a 16 pod starter set allowing you to taste the coffees before offering more. I definitely would have ordered the wrong type without this so I'm loving my trial pods. 
I also wrote myself out an inventory of coffees and tick them off as they get drunk but that might just be me being really organised....or borderline OCD. 
As well as the U Magimix machine I also received in my Nespresso bundle the Aeroccino and oh my god this is genius. I've had the little hand held frother things before in the vain hope of creating a latte similar to the ones you get when you go out for coffee but they pale in comparison. 
The Aeroccino does two things by spinning the milk around with the frother whisk thingy attached it not only heats the milk up but also gives you a gloriously thick, frothy finish. When you press the button to start the machine it will run for 90 seconds but as with the Nespresso you can press the button again at anytime to stop it. If you want cold frothy milk give it will take about 30 seconds . 


I regularly get migraine headaches and caffeine is a one the worst offenders in contributing to these so I'm super happy that Nespresso do decaf versions of their Lungo range. Indeed as all of the coffees on the Nespresso menu list the intensity I can tailor which ones I drink and when. For example when other headache triggers are spiked I can have a weaker coffee whilst when levels of stress etc are quite low/manageable I can have a stronger coffee type. 

No comments:

Post a Comment