Friday 29 January 2016

January Favourites

The longest, most tedious month of the year is finally drawing to close and I for one am glad to see the back of it. It hasn't all been doom and gloom though; heres some of my favourites during the month of January:

1. Coasts 


So I don't know if any of you remember but in my 'Top Gigs of 2015' post I mentioned that a certain band (who were by the way number one on that list) were set to release their debut album on the 22nd of this month. I was most definitely not disappointed when I received my parcel from amazon (naturally I had pre-ordered) and I may or may not have had the album on repeat ever since it was released.

I am not alone in my love for this album (and the band obviously) as they went straight to number 1 of the Alternative Album chart on the 22nd and hit no.4 of the regular Album chart.




2. Harry Potter

Spurred no doubt by the passing of Alan Rickman  (R.I.P.) who will ALWAYS be Professor Snape to Potterheads all over the globe I have been re-reading Harry Potter this moth and am currently about half-way through Half Blood Prince. To be honest I actually skipped 1 and 2 in favour of starting Prisoner Of Azkaban. The Harry Potter series for me and I'm sure many people can agree is rather comforting to come back to over and over again. We grew up with the characters of this story so diving into the world of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is like being welcomed back by old friends.

3. My Nespresso machine

Having already written an entire post on the subject I'll try not to waffle on about it.

Waking up to fresh coffee everyday that tastes just as good (if not better) as barista made never gets old and I recently purchased a top up of coffee capsules. Indeed I now have in excess of 200. The next coffee's on me it would seem.

Ok I know I normally do 5 items in these kind of posts but its January so yeah...that

No comments:

Post a Comment