Saturday 12 September 2015

The make up shake up that may have led to a break up

My make up style is...pretty non existent actually. I tend to make like zero effort with the way I look so much so that on the occasions that I do put on a little lipstick those around me will instantly ask where I am going/ who I am seeing. Can't a girl wear a little make up from time to time without everyone kicking up a fuss?

Make up tutorials on you tube amaze me and we are not even talking like full on Heather Traska  transformations

Just the regular 'everyday' make-up looks. Such as this recent upload by Zoella or the Graces Faces videos from I love Makeup  




Cue my decision to try out a new make up style and believe me when I say that I think I may need a lot of make up remover on stand by. 


Phase One: First before I even start playing around I want to cleanse, tone and moisturise. I am using the Body Shop Nutriganics range...mostly because it is one of the few things my sensitive skin can tolerate and also I bought it for one of my mother's friends who came to visit but she didn't take the travel kit with her so I use it now despite the fact that it is supposed to be for women aged 30-40.


Phase Two: Time to call in the Porefessionals. Using Benefit's Porefessional, That Gal and The Body Shop's Instablur I am minimising my pores and evening out my skin tone. I really can't see the difference though. Probably should put my glasses on. 

Phase Three: Foundation and powder although actually my foundation is a powder so that was that. 

Phase Four: and I've forgotten something. Having got to this stage I realise that I have forgotten to do anything about my eyebrows. Others may (and do) disagree with me but I like my eyebrows big and bushy so avoid going to have them threaded or waxed yet I seem to end up with a monobrow if they aren't maintained. 

Phase Five:  highlighting/ contouring. Nope I have no idea what I am doing. Those you tube videos that I have been watching said something along the lines of creating shadows and sculpting cheekbones but I'm pretty sure that this is not a pottery class. Although talking of pottery classes there is apparently going to be a new series on BBC2 about pottery a la bake off style. I mean seriously first we had ballroom, then we had baking, then sewing now pottery. Stop trying to steal my life. We'll have regency dancing next or something...either that or knitting.

Anyway back to creating this work of art.....ahem. 

So after putting a little bit of highlighter onto my brow line and brushing bronzer on my cheekbones I also added a little bit of blusher. Although a little bit ended up being a bit too much and OMG I look like a drag queen.


OK now comes the fun bit (sarcasm intended) Phase I don't even know anymore: Eyes and I really should stay away from eyeliner. I think I have just about managed to work out how to do a smoky eye - put patches of two (or more) shades of eye shadow of different parts of the eye lid with a lighter shade on top and use a brush to smudge it all together.....or something like that. 

If, like me crying is a regular if not daily occurrence you have given up on owning any mascara - even waterproof can't stand these tear ducts so with a flourish of eyeliner- sweeping down not up (i learnt that today) my eyes are complete. Just kidding I'm going to ruin it all now by putting my glasses on.


My trademark/go to lipstick colour is usually always red yet the question is should I stick with this option or go for pink instead? 



So there you have it - all dressed up and nowhere to go. Well I'm sure the bunnies will appreciate the effort I put into my face.  

P.S. In case you were wondering my t-shirt says HOGWARTS ALUMNI




No comments:

Post a Comment