Thursday 30 April 2015

Preview night at Roast and Conch

My sister and I were invited to an exclusive preview evening at Roast and Conch last night to launch the new menu and the delectable new range of cocktails.  After recommendations from many of the staff including the General Manager I went for the Salted Caramel Soother- and let me tell you -this was definitely worth the hype. The silky smooth and creamy cocktail is almost milkshake like in texture yet has quite the substantial kick!

Canapés were served throughout the evening including sausages in a chocolate glaze (divine) spiced aubergine (exquisite) and smoked  salmon with gin and tonic jelly to name but a few.

However my favourite would have to be the banana cake served with chocolate mouse. The moist, nutty cake was perfectly complimented by the light and fluffy mousse and I would have happily have munched on these all night.

Upon going upstairs to the main restaurant more canapés were to be had whilst we chatted to the chefs and despite our best efforts the recipe for white chocolate mash remains a secret.


I couldn't leave Roast and Conch before visiting the shop that is situated on the ground floor. Hotel Chocolat has always proved to me at least to be second to none in customer service and Shelley, who was working there that evening, was exceedingly helpful and informative when I was trying to choose what to buy. A very hard task as everything looked so good.

Having previously purchased the Cocoa beer and the gin ( not for myself btw) I was keen to get the Chocolate Port for my dad yet as I had two varieties to choose from I was faced with quite the dilemma.

I was advised that the Ruby Port goes best with dark chocolates as it very rich in flavour and full-bodied whereas the Tawny which is medium-bodied is much better suited for when eating milk chocolate. Nevertheless I bought both varieties :)


The new menu at Roast and Conch, like the chocolates sold by Hotel Chocolat offers a fantastic variety of dishes that are suitable for a variety of dietary requirements.  Including vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free options. 

No comments:

Post a Comment