Wednesday 19 June 2013

Tights or the time when I really wanted the ground to swallow me


You would  think that the humble pair of tights is not really the subject of much adventures but there my friends and strangers alike is where you would be wrong and I mean this in a totally PG rated sense.

I'm sure we have all had the annoying experience of putting on a new pair of tights and then five minutes before you have to leave the house they ladder, well I'm sure the ladies who are reading this have but maybe a few of the men also. There was also a time when I mistakenly put on a pair of tights that were far too small for me and ripped every time that I moved; sat down, stood up, did a little dance, it didn't matter. These bad boys would rip, right down the middle. Suffice it to say that by the end of day I 'looked like a hooker.'

Alas the embarrassing moments caused by tights does not end there as one day (it was yesterday) I forgot to put the obligatory pair of pants on on top of my tights (to stop them falling down or training to be a superhero, I haven't yet decided which ) and as you can all imaging that was the day when they would deem it necessary to answer gravity's call and there begins the adventure.

Hands up who performs the 'help my tights are falling down' dance on a regular basis. Although I have found that there are some situations in which this dance is simply not acceptable etc. in a packed supermarket or anywhere really busy really, at work or on the bus or other form of public transport. However there comes a point when your tights have fallen so far down that they are past saving and you end up having to walk home from the bus stop waddling like a penguin with a pair of tights around your knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment