Tuesday 26 December 2017

Top 7 gigs of 2017

Top 7 gigs of 2017 

It's that time of the year again where I reflect on some of the best gigs* that I have been to in 2017. 

*like seriously THE best

Kovic


Kovic played support to Coasts when they came to Leeds earlier this year and I was instantly in love. Meeting Mark was a highlight for me because how lovely, is he! 




Tom Speight


I've been to see my mate Tom Speight twice this year and both times have absolutely phenomenal. 

These cute, and intimate gigs at the Louisiana in Bristol and the Oporto in Leeds have had a laid-back vibe and the banter kept on coming.


Dan Croll


No, I've never been to Tokyo but I hear that Dan Croll has. After ending the year on high with the release of his second album 'Emerging Adulthood' and a stellar U.K. Tour Dan ended the year with a holiday in Tokyo

Highlights included some beautiful tambourine playing by Dan Croll during 'Tokyo' and the classic 'From Nowhere' - which is actually my ring tone. 

Rae Morris 


Rae Morris is 'Reborn' with more pizazz and sparkle and she's absolutely fabulous! 

The Blackpool born singer with an ethereal voice and unforgettable stage presence lifted the roof off the Belgrave Music Hall with her latest hits  'Do It' and 'Reborn' as well As playing old favourites and treating our ears to some new tunes. 




Marsicans 

If anyone can, the Marsicans can. - I don't know why I said that, it just sounded cool.

The Marsicans opened the Stylus stage at this year's Live At Leeds festival with so much energy that they could have launched a rocket. And did I mention that they absolutely hilarious?



If you haven't yet, you really really need to go watch the Marsicans new music video.



Saint Motel


Saint Motel may not be an instantly recognisable household name....yet but 'My Type' and the saxophone intro in particular is sure to prick up your ears in recognition. You can hear it on the Now TV ad.




Whilst most swanned off to music festivals up and down the country I headed down to the Wardrobe on the 11th July for the most hilarious gig. 

A personal highlight has to be when a guy standing next to me asked AJ Jackson for a high five but got ignored and I got the high five instead. #winning

Coasts 


So you know how Coasts went on an epic 38 date UK tour during the Autumn, well guess who was at five of those dates in cities far and wide,. There was even a trip to Brighton.  






As readers of this blog may know, Coasts never fail to impress at their gigs but if pushed to choose my favourite date, it would have to be Bristol


The atmosphere at the was electric at the hometown gig and it was clear to see that the guys were really glad to be playing in the city, amongst so many recognisable faces. A very close second has to be Brighton, after all, there were balloons involved. 






No comments:

Post a Comment