Sunday 13 November 2016

Prague Part 3: Jews and Oppression

Today was moving day as we upgraded our modest abode at Plus for the much more swanky Marriott. 

Ouky Douky was our breakfast stop for the well known 'ham and cheese on a fried egg' before we continued on with our journey. We dropped our bags off at our new abode before venturing off to the Jewish quarter. 

I have been told that one of the things that I must do whilst in Prague is visit the Jewish museum. The 'museum' is however not just one building but actually a collection of synagogues and exhibitions including the Pinsky synagogue whose walls have been covered with the names of Prague Jews who were killed during WWII. Even more harrowing is the exhibition upstairs which shows the  pictures and artwork of children who were taken away from their families at Trezerin concentration camp.  I'm sorry I think I might have something in my eye.... 




Lunch was to be taken in 'Nase Maso' a little butchers shop where you buy and eat your meat all in the same place! 









I had three different types of sausages whilst my mother had the special of the day ; pork belly. The pork was cooked to perfection.

Nase Maso is a unique experience that is ideal for meat lovers yet as it is only a very small space you should try to go outside of peak times. 






SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment