Sunday 24 May 2015

Sunday facials

Spending a lazy Sunday pampering yourself is good for body and mind but if, like myself, you don't think about having a pamper session until the day you never have a face mask going spare when you need it.

Fear not as I have a recipe for that. Unlike many of the recipes on this blog however I recommend that this one isn't eaten.

I have heard of avocados being a good ingredient for making face masks as is yoghurt with porridge oats and honey yet for this 'recipe' you will need a banana; just the one.

The benefits to your skin from bananas vary greatly:

Pottasium is the nutrient that is mostly closely associated with bananas and it is believed that it is good for moisturising and hydrating skin cells - perfect as I have dry skin.

Vitamin A , B and C are also found in banana and their benefits include: evening out rough skin and get rid of blemishes and dark spots. Anti ageing properties, moisturising and lightening skin and finally fighting free radical impairment, boosting resistance to sun-rays and minimising the appearance of wrinkles.

Phew with all those benefits to my skin I think I might need to make banana masks more often. For more banana face mask recipe have a look here

Unfortunately for me the bananas in our fruit bowl were starting to go black so a few days previously I had unpeeled them and put them in the freezer. This meant that my face mask was a tad on the cold side.

Additionally to the one mashed banana I also added 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda (this works as a deep cleanser as it breaks down grime and dirt and removes excess oil which otherwise can clog up skin pores)


1/2 tsp of ground turmeric (antibacterial properties aka kills bacteria) and 1 tsp of honey ( Exterminates bacteria, contains lightening properties and elimates dark spots)


 


Take your putrid yellow, rather smelly face mask into the bathroom to apply as this will avoid things getting too messy.

Make sure that your hair is tied back and kept out of your face with a headband.  Additionally remove all jewellery and glasses. 

I washed my face before applying the mask and left it (the mask) on for fifteen minutes whilst lying back and trying to relax despite the smell.

My calming playlist included songs from Natalie Holmes, Orla Gartland and Lauren Aquilina. Click here 
for my playlist.


Wash your face mask off in warm soapy water. I used The Body Shop Nutriganics Foaming Face Cleanser to help me in this task and pat dry with a fluffy towel. 


The Nutriganics range was also the source of my face cleanser which after putting some of the liquid onto a cotton pad I massaged into my skin. This was followed by the Aloe Vera Calming Toner which was applied in a similar way.


To complete the 'cleanse, tone and moisturise' regime I also turned to The Body Shop Aloe Vera collection yet as I have previously mentioned I have quite dry skin so this stage had more than one potion including: eye serum, protective serum and an intensive protective mask. The later of which should be liberally applied to the face and neck and the excess is wiped off after fifteen minutes

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14098109/?claim=6eea658wmbj">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

2 comments:

  1. Pampering sessions are just the absolute best! Never actually tried that bodyshop range but might have to give it a try! :)

    Deimante

    www.sunnydei.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post.

    banana benefits for skin

    ReplyDelete