Friday 16 January 2015

I've got 99 problems but stitch ain't one


I have a new hobby: knitting 

Ive made a tea co
My mother tried teaching me to knit once and it really didn't go very well yet I was not quite ready to give up on the craft and therefore enrolled myself on a Learn to Knit course at   baaramewe.co.uk  

It was here that I realised my life long ambition to make a tea cosy. 

Yes my transition to a granny is complete.


I even went as far as going to a yarn festival and as we were there near the end of the day I accquired a lot of wool really cheap- including alpaca!

wool starter pack


It's a tad chilly outside - alpaca hat

Those who are close to me have been unfortunate to have recieved knitted items including lots of headbands and hats not even the bunnies were immune.


 

Although saying that all these knits were successful would be lying as even though I am getting better and the rate of dropped stitched is going down, I am still making gargumtian mistakes and you can often find  gaping holes in my work and even once I got bored  half way through a knit row and started purling. Theres a great random bump - whoopsies 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment