Saturday 25 October 2014

The boat trip

Avast ye scurvy dogs I got a boat to sail the seven seas. Well actually it was a tourist boat called the Falcon and it was supposed to go on a tour around the turquoise coast. I say 'supposed to' as the seas were actually far too choppy that we actually only ended up going to the next bay around the corner.

I was most disgruntled that we missed out on our mud bath and that all the other passengers had to miss out on my rendition of 'mud, mud glorious mud'.

As well as being annoyed about this I had also forgotten to bring my book  so I had nothing to do for six hours but to go swimming and lie in the sun and I bloody hate sun…I have heat rash on my face as well.

The highlight of the day, for me anyway, not for Karen who was feeling quite seasick (although I beg to question why on earth you would go on a boat trip if you get sea sick) was when the boat got out of the bay and was hit by the waves.

Do you when you are a child and play with a toy that has a round bottom and you can delight in watching it rock back and forth, in circles or in any which way- Wikipedia tells me that is called a weeble. Well that was me doing teddy bear rolls across the top deck.


For dinner we had a BBQ buffet complete with live music and a firework finale.  

The 'jolly buddha' chef and me

No comments:

Post a Comment