Thursday 21 February 2013

Purpose

Our oven is broken. I know what you are all thinking, that is hardly a big deal, yet to me it is. If I can't bake what am I to do?

In one of my favourite musicals, Avenue Q, they explore the meaning of the word purpose and how everyone needs to have a purpose in life. My purpose in life is clearly to bake as they say that  whatever you find yourself doing when you are procrastinating is the career that you should go into, although saying that maybe I should blog full time.

So having had come to the conclusion as to what my purpose is, what now?

Well I need to wait until our new oven arrives for starters. But what happens after that? Its easy enough to say to myself that I shall start baking things to sell at fairs and markets (and luckily for me food festivals have really taken off in recent years)  but dreaming didn't get anyone anywhere. If you refer back to an earlier post 'fears of flying' you may see some of my reservations.

What if I fail? What if things go wrong? What if nobody buys any of my wares? What if the oven breaks? All of these questions and the fact that I have like zero business nonce are just the tip of the iceberg of what makes me reluctant to dip my toe into the stranger tides of the business world. But
maybe Elpheba was right in Wicked, maybe it's time to "try defying gravity."

No comments:

Post a Comment